Taking a jibe Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his most famous slogan coined during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections campaigning, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Monday said that the slogan has changed from ‘Acche Din Aayenge’ to ‘Chowkidar Chor Hai.’
“The slogan has changed in the last 5 years. Earlier it was ‘Acche Din Aayenge’. The new one is ‘Chowkidar Chor Hai,” Gandhi said while addressing a public meeting in Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh.
He further said that PM Modi made three promises in 2014 of 2 crore jobs every year for the youth, loan waiver to farmers, and 15 lakhs in everyone’s account but he failed in delivering on all these.
Other highlights from Gandhi’s speech are:
- We have discussed with leading economists on how much money can be given to the poor and decided to deposit ₹72000/year to the accounts of 20% of the poorest. ₹3,60,000 will be given to 5 crore families in 5 years
- Where does Modi get the money for advertising from? You have to pay lakhs of rupees to advertise on TV and in newspapers. Where is this money coming from? He is not paying for it, it’s coming from your pockets
- Have you ever seen a chowkidar in front of a farmer’s house? You will see chowkidars in front of Anil Ambani and Nirav Modi’s house. They need a chowkidar because they have stolen lakhs of crores of rupees
- After the 2019 elections, when we come to power, not a single farmer is going to go to jail for not being able to pay back your loans. My point is that if Anil Ambani is not sent to jail after stealing ₹45000 crores, why our farmers?
- In 2019, we will be presenting a separate budget for our farmers, along with the national budget. Every single farmer will know in the beginning of the year what the govt is going to do for them
- BJP is in power in Uttar Pradesh for the last two years. What did they do for potato farmers in the state? Nothing. When we come back to power, we are going to increase MSP every year
- We have a new idea in the manifesto for the young entrepreneurs. When you want to start a business, you won’t have to take permission from any govt departments for 3 years. Take permission after 3 years once your business is established