While addressing a public meeting in Dungarpur, Rajasthan, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday talked about how injustice has been done to Dalits, Adivasis and farmers under the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government and how the Congress Party would empower them once they come to power.
Here is what Gandhi said in his speech:
- I discussed with our leading economists on how much money can be given to the poor and after their inputs, we have decided to deposit ₹72000/year to the accounts of 20% of the poorest, and the money will go to women’s accounts
- Adivasis had to face a lot of injustice under Modi. I want to send you all a message that the government which will come to power in 2019 is going to be your government
- After the 2019 elections, when we come to power, not a single farmer is going to go to jail for not being able to pay back your loans. We will make it illegal to put any farmer in the jail for defaulting on his bank loan
- We fought for the land rights of Dalits and Adivasis. We introduced the Land Acquisition Bill to help farmers. When we come to power, we will continue our fight and will ensure that you are getting what you deserve
- The next budget, that the Congress govt places in the Lok Sabha, is going to have a dedicated budget for farmers. Every single farmer will know at the beginning of the year what the government is going to do for them
- We have made a promise for the youth of the country in our manifesto. If you want to start a business, you aren’t required to seek any permission in the first 3 years. Permissions will be required once your business is set up