Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday addressed a public meeting in Golaghat, Assam, and promised that they will restore Special Status for North East.
“Congress government had empowered you with special status and industrial policy for North East. Modi government took that away. We will restore them,” Gandhi said.
Here are some other highlights from his address:
- 20% of poor families in India earn less than ₹12,000 or month. Under NYAY scheme, we will deposit ₹72,000 annually directly into the women’s bank accounts: Congress President @RahulGandhi
- Chowkidar had promised 2 crore jobs, rights price of farmers and failed on all of them. Today the slogan of ‘acche din’ has changed into ‘chowkidar chor hai’
- Youth in Assam want to start their own business, but due to burden of of bureaucracy they’re unable to do it easily. We have promised in our manifesto to exempt the new entrepreneurs from seeking permission for 3 years
- Citizenship Amendment Bill is an instrument to encroach on the culture, language and history of Assam. We stopped it from being passed in Parliament and we will fight to completely scrap the bill
- I had promised to waive farm loans in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh within 10 days of forming government. We did it in 2 days. What we say, we do. Modi is standing with lies, we are standing with the truth
- Modi is working to divide the country, we are working to unite the country. This is a fight between two ideologies, in which the Congress is standing with the country
- Modi is Anil Ambani’s chowkidar. We are standing with the farmers, labourers, youth, women. What Modi has done for Anil Ambani in five years, we will do that for the farmers, youth and women of the country.