Making a stinging attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who recently tried to popularise his ‘Mai bhi Chowkidar’ campaign by saying that everyone who was against social evils and fighting corruption was a “chowkidar,” Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said that PM Modi is not a chowkidar for the poor, but only for the rich like Anil Ambani.
“Modi became PM in 2014 and made false promises. Now he says that we are all ‘chowkidaar’, but earlier he had asked to make him one. Chowkidaar gareebon ke ghar main milta hai ya ameeron ke? Vo hain chowkidaar, magar gareebo ke nahi, Anil Ambani ke chowkidaar hain,” Gandhi said while addressing the Jan Bhavna Rally in Bihar’s Purnia.
“You give your blood and sweat and work hard for livelihood, but people like Anil Ambani who thrive on your labour get all the benefits from the chowkidar,” Gandhi added.
Other highlights from his speech are as follows:
- Yesterday news reports stated that B.S. Yeddyurappa gave ₹150 crore bribe to Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh, Nitin Gadkari, all these who claim to be ‘Chowkidars’ are ‘Chor’
- People like Nirav Modi who stole ₹35,000Cr public money would’ve been used for one year of MNREGA
- In every speech Narendra Modi says he will help farmers, but the truth is he waived off ₹3,50,000 crore worth loans of handful of industrialists. We promised to waive off farm loans in MP, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, and we fulfilled it
- Why did PM Modi lie about ₹15 lakh in every account? Why did he lie about giving right MSPs to farmers?
- I don’t fear Narendra Modi or BJP or RSS. I only believe in truth. I appeal all youngsters of Bihar to wake up- Modi government is looting people everyday
- We will be defining a ‘minimum income line’ and anyone, young or old, who is below that line will receive minimum income guarantee directly into their bank accounts
- There is a reason for hatred in country. Mr. 56 inch promised employment but people have only received his flop picture ‘Mann ki Baat’ for the last 5 years