While raising questions on Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government over its claim of a corruption-free government, as claimed by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) during the 2014 elections campaigning, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Friday said that there is no place for truth in the BJP.
“Khanduri ji was the Chairman of Parliament’s Defence Committee. He was removed from the position by Narendra Modi, because he raised concerns in the Parliament on national security. There is no place for truth in BJP,” Gandhi said while addressing Parivartan Rally in Dehradun.
Here are the highlights from his speech:
- In Parliament, I questioned Mr. Modi on Rafale scam. Why was Anil Ambani given the deal? Why did you steal the job opportunities from our youth? Mr. Narendra Modi could not meet my eyes
- Top 15 richest businessmen get all the benefits from Mr. Modi. When the Pulwama terror attack took place, Adani got contract for 6 airports
- Nirav Modi fled from India with ₹35,000 crore public money. England government wrote to our government offering help to catch the economic offender, but Mr. Modi did not respond
- Anil Ambani gets ₹30,000Cr but a farmer gets only ₹3.50? Have some shame, Mr. Modi
- I want to thank the people of Uttarakhand for their contributions to national security and defence
- I will be visiting the Pulwama martyrs’ families today. When the terror attack took place, Congress party cancelled all political programmes and vowed to stand with our Armed Forces and the government
- Our Prime Minister was shooting a movie in Corbett National Park for more than 3 hours after the Pulwama terror attack took place