While addressing a public meeting in Gujarat, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said that the ideology Mahatma Gandhi built the nation and that some forces were weakening it now.
The Congress Chief also lambasted the Centre over various issues such as demonetisation, GST, farm loan waiver, Rafale scam etc.
Highlights from his speech are:
- People go to court to seek justice. Whereas, today in India, 4 Supreme Court judges have come to the public to seek help
- Unemployment is highest in 45 years. Youth are migrating to different parts of the country to find employment
- Narendra Modi wrote off loans worth ₹3,50,000Cr of a handful of industrialists, while he denies farm loan waivers
- We promised to waive off farm loans in MP, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh within 10 days of forming the government and we did it in 2 days
- Narendra Modi imposed Demonetisation and killed the entrepreneurial spirit of Gujarat. Crores of people lost their jobs. Did you see people like Anil Ambani in those bank queues?
- Modi claimed GST would be simple tax. Even today, small businesses struggle to understand GST. We will reform it as soon as we form the government
- For the last 5 years, Narendra Modi failed to listen to the farmers and their struggles
- Narendra Modi preaches nationalism on every stage. Will he tell the nation that he stole ₹30,000cr from IAF and gave it to Anil Ambani?
- Masood Azhar attacked our soldiers in Pulwama. Who released Masood Azhar from India’s jail? It was BJP govt. Congress govt had arrested him whereas, Ajit Doval personally escorted the terrorist, to Kandahar
- BJP is dividing the country into 2 parts. One for the ‘suit-boot’, where they get all the benefits. And the other for our farmers, labourers, youth who get Demonetisation and Gabbar Singh Tax
- I assure you that we will form the govt and we will provide Minimum Income Guarantee to the poor citizens