Yogi Government’s one year has been full of failures. Be it tackling law and order and crime, agrarian crisis, administration, the saffron party in Uttar Pradesh has failed the litmus test. Above that, it has further deteriorated the situation in the state by promoting Hindutva and playing divisive politics.
FAILURE TO TACKLE CRIME:
- People belonging to particular religion targeted in the name of encounters.
- Government’s anti-Romeo squad proved to be a failure.
- UP reported the highest number of communal incidents in three years (195 in 2017).
- Walls of government buildings, Secretariat and some police stations were painted saffron.
- Yogi celebrated Holi in Mathura’s Barsana at the expense of the public exchequer.
- Yogi celebrated Diwali in Ayodhya with an aim to revive the glory of Tretayug.
- Announced loan waivers of amounts as less as Re. 1 and Rs. 1.50.
- Purchased 50 lakh tonnes of wheat in 2017, had promised 80 lakh tonnes.
- Farmers protested by throwing tomatoes, potatoes on streets.
- Closure of illegal slaughterhouses, affecting small meat sellers.
- Despite suspension of two IAS officers, one still acts as Gorakhpur DM.
- To check illegal mining, the government proposed e-tenders, but until today the modalities have not been finalised.
MASTER OF DIVISIVE POLITICS:
- Adityanath said as a Hindu he does not celebrate Eid.
- Asked Madrassas to record their Independence Day celebrations and send it to the district administration.
- Yogi said would not stop celebrations of Janmashtami inside a police station if he could not stop people from offering namaz on roads.