Congress president Rahul Gandhi, who is on a two-day visit to Chhattisgarh, addressed two rallies today. While speaking at one of the rallies at District Sports Stadium Ground, District Baloda Bazar, Gandhi said that when Congress will form government in the state, it will belong to every section of the society.
Highlights from his speech are:
- Unemployment is one of the biggest challenges the country is facing today. 4.5 years have passed, policies like Make in India were announced, but the truth is Modi Government creates only 450 jobs in a day while China creates 50,000.
- Bonus that was announced for farmers by the Raman Singh govt was not given. Congress party will fulfil even the promises made by BJP
- Punjab and Haryana are called agricultural centres. We will strive to make Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh as agricultural centres too
- The Land Acquisition Act implemented by Congress government sought to protect farmers’ land. Mr. Modi’s first job after becoming PM was to abolish this
- When CBI Director wanted to start an enquiry into Rafale scam, he was removed by PM Modi at midnight. This is because Mr. Modi fears investigation
- Demonetisation is, without a doubt, a scam. ₹12 lakh crore is borrowed by 15-20 rich industrialists from banks. How many jobs did they create?
- Due to Demonetisation and GST many Indian banks were closed and small and medium scale business were ruined.
- After note ban, Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Vijay Mallya fled the country with people’s money, but the Prime Minister of the country did nothing to bring them back.
- When Congress forms govt in Chhattisgarh, it will belong to every section of the society. Everyone should feel that their voice is heard in the government
The Congress chief will be addressing two more public gatherings today at Krishi Mandi Ground, Champa, district Janjgir Champa and M.G. College Ground, Kharsia, district Raigarh.