Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a rally in Rajasthan said that he had never compromised national security. Countering the same, the Congress on Monday said that post 26/11, Modi Government has only compromised national security.
Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala released a statement on his Twitter account which said, “One person who played despicable politics during the 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack, was Shri Narendra Modi. Even as our soldiers fought inside and the nation was united in battling its consequences, the then CM of Gujarat, was standing outside at one of the attack sites, addressing the media and blaming the then UPA Government for the attack.”
“Politicizing of National Security & Sacrifice of our Jawans is intrinsic to BJP! Post 26/11,Modi Govt has only compromised National Security. It’s lack of political action & policy has led to a disquiet border & alarming security situation. Our 15 direct questions to Modiji,” Surjewala tweeted.
Politicizing of National Security & Sacrifice of our Jawans is intrinsic to BJP!
Post 26/11,Modi Govt has only compromised National Security.
It’s lack of political action & policy has led to a disquiet border & alarming security situation.
Our 15 direct questions to Modiji- pic.twitter.com/MrKpMsfrSu
— Randeep Singh Surjewala (@rssurjewala) November 26, 2018
He then raised 15 questions to the PM on national security:
- Is it not true that in the last 54 months of Modi Government; in Jammu and Kashmir alone, 426 Jawans have been martyred and 278 civilians have lost their precious lives, in Pakistan sponsored terrorism?
- What about the 16 major terror attacks which have taken place on our security installations that include CRPF Camps, Army Camps, Air Force Station and Military Stations- Pampore, Uri, Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amarnath Yatra attack, Sunjwan Army Camp, where scores of our precious lives have been lost?
- Is it not true Our Jawans like Shaheed Mandeep and Shaheed Narender Singh were beheaded and bodies mutilated by Pakistan, as Modi Government remained a mute spectator?
- Has PM, Shri Narendra Modi imperiled the security and safety of India as is apparent from 500% increase in Ceasefire Violations by Pakistan, since May 2014?
- Where is the ‘56 inches chest’ missing as Pak commits more than 3000 ceasefire violations at the LoC & International border?
- Why did PM Narendra Modi invite the rogue ISI to investigate the Pathankot terror attack on March 27, 2016 and why did the BJP President Amit Shah, give character certificates of appreciation to Pakistan’s ISI on March 30, 2016 in Kolkata by publically claiming that “Pakistan has made serious efforts in the Pathankot terror probe?
- Is it not true Modi Government allocated only 1.58% of GDP to Armed Forces in Budget 2018-19, which is lowest since 1962?
- Didn’t the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence headed by Major General BC Khanduri, expose the shameful state of neglect towards the requirements of our Armed Forces, pointing out that 68% of Army’s equipment is vintage; with no money for emergency weapons purchase?
- Why has the PM become ‘Maun Modi’ on illegal Chinese Occupation and fortification of ‘Doklam’? Is it not true that China has intruded into the ‘Chicken Neck’ – Siliguri Corridor through South Doklam, by constructing a road?
- Why did the PM bend over backwards before China by shelving the raising of a special regiment called ‘Mountain Strike Corps’ along the China border with 90,274 additional soldiers at a cost of ₹64,678 crore as proposed and approved by the Congress-UPA Govt?
- Why has PM Modi disregarded the honour of our soldiers, veterans and ex-servicemen by making ‘One Rank, One Pension’ as One Rank Five Pensions’?
- Why has PM Modi played havoc with India’s ‘Internal Security’ permitting the ugly menace of Naxalism to raise its head, kill our soldiers and civilians and create internal disturbances? Is it not true that at least 5 Naxal attacks have taken place in the run up to the recent Chhattisgarh elections?
- At least 245 Jawans have been martyred and 380 civilians killed in over 3200 Naxal attacks under Modi Govt’s watch. Is it a fact that PM Modi has completely failed in drafting a policy to tackle Naxalism?
- Congress-UPA Government had mooted the idea of an National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), but the then Gujarat CM Narendra Modi had unequivocally opposed the idea
- The Congress government had also conceived the NAT GRID, which is an integrated intelligence grid connecting databases of core security agencies of India to collect comprehensive patterns of intelligence that can be readily accessed by intelligence agencies. Is it not true that Modi Government kept the post of NATGRID CEO vacant for two years and has now virtually enfeebled it?