Well, it’s no more a hidden fact that the Indian media today is merely a puppet in the hands of the ruling regime and some ‘bhakt’ channels are there only to glorify their Prime Minister, his party and his government.
In such a scenario, it becomes really difficult to expose the government and its faulty ways and to question their ideology.
But, thanks to social media, people are now able to voice their opinion and raise support for anything crucial.
So, here we are, by the same medium, want to pose 21 questions to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which we are sure, every single Indian would want to ask him today.
- Are ‘Achhe Din’ already here or have they been postponed to 2022? Is Rs 15 lakh going to be transferred by NEFT or RTGS?
- In the recent elections in your home state Gujarat, Dalits, Muslims, Kshatriyas, tribals, students, farmers, jewellers, businessmen and traders were all against you. Although, you won narrowly, but does this state of affairs really suggest you are doing a great job?
- Why has the “independent” CBI not filed an appeal over the sudden discharge of BJP president Amit Shah, less than a month after the mysterious ‘death’ of judge BH Loya in 2016?
- Key police officers who were in Gujarat in 2002 or those who provided a clean chit to you have all been reinstated or rewarded by your government. Do you really think that the people of India do not notice these acts of patronage and come to their conclusions?
- Don’t you also think that despite all its faults, UPA presided over a more peaceful, harmonious, socially cohesive and more inclusive India?
- India has survived as a democracy because of its institutions. Why does your government consistently disgrace the “temple of our democracy” by sneaking in key legislation as money bills, without proper debate and discussion? Is this the right way to practise democracy?
- Despite falling short of a majority in Goa and Manipur, BJP formed governments by “buying up MLAs” in these states. Are you proud of these tactics? Or is everything OK in the quest for a Congress-mukt Bharat?
- Are you able to sleep soundly at night even when you know you could have done more when Mohammed Akhlaq was murdered, when Pahlu Khan was lynched, when Najeeb went missing?
- Why is your government hell-bent on killing institutions of excellence like JNU and the IITs?
- Where did you get this idea about Lord Ganesha being a product of plastic surgery? And where did your colleagues learn about Charles Darwin and the origin of species?
- Have you ever asked your colleagues M.J. Akbar, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussain for their expert views on “love jihad”?
- Is it fair to say you have allowed yourself to be turned a “prime minister of a party” rather than that of every section of the country?
- Every known index—growth, jobs, agriculture, manufacturing, exports, etc—under you is way down compared to Manmohan Singh. Were the people of India fooled by the Gujarat Model?
- On what basis do you claim that you run a taint-free government when the Rafale deal involving Anil Ambani, the abnormal rise of the Adanis, etc, point to a new and obvious kind of crony capitalism
- You were vehemently opposed to Aadhaar before the 2014 election. Why did you change your mind after becoming PM?
- RBI has put an official seal on the disaster that was demonetisation. Why have you not said sorry to the millions whose lives were wrecked and ruined by your ill-advised decision?
- Has your party come to power “only to change the Constitution”, as claimed by your minister Anantkumar Hegde? If so, is “New India” a euphemism for a ‘Hindu Rashtra’?
- How has a “Hindu nationalist party” like BJP managed to make enemies of all its neighbours, including the last Hindu kingdom on earth, Nepal?
- Why do you choose a one-way medium like Twitter or ‘Mann ki Baat’? Are you afraid of addressing a formal, open press conference even after 44 months in power?
- What do you do after work? What are the 44 books have you read in the last 44 months? What movies, plays have you watched? What music do you listen to? Do you have a life, or do you just watch reruns of ‘Tarak Mehta ka ulta chashma’?
- Do you think the RSS is already preparing the ground for Yogi Adityanath as the next PM if BJP is reelected in 2019?
Don’t you think all these are very pertinent questions which should be posed by each and every citizen of India to Prime Minister Modi?